Small Batch Chewy Chocolate Brownie Cookies


Epic brownies.  Unfiltered chocolate goodness.  Those are the comments from teenager and hubby.  Youngest child simply grinned and said "Yum!" through the crumbs.


They are quick to throw together and bake, and delicious while still warm.  In other words, dangerous goodies!  Fortunately it only makes nine or ten large cookies, so it really is an ideal indulgence!  Portion control built in.  Unless you eat the whole recipe yourself, for which I cannot be held responsible but would understand.  I have been culling my cookbooks and magazines and this was a recipe that was surprisingly unavailable online that I could find.  So I am sharing it here for my benefit and yours.  I was able to make it with just a wooden spoon, so only one dirty bowl and no mixer beaters to clean and that is a bonus for some!  Normally I make cookies smaller, but for best texture I do recommend the large size scoops here.


Chewy Chocolate Cookies
from Miriam Miller
makes 10 large cookies

8 oz. semisweet chocolate, divided (It called for squares, but I used mini chips.)
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup all purpose flour
¼ tsp baking powder
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

Melt 4 oz. of the chocolate in the microwave and cool to room temperature.  Chop the rest if necessary and set aside.

Cream the butter and sugar together in a small mixing bowl.  Beat in the egg and vanilla, mixture may look somewhat curdled.  Beat in the melted chocolate until the mixture is evenly creamy.

Combine the flour and baking powder and add to the chocolate mixture.  Stir in pecans and chopped chocolate or chips.

Drop by ¼ cupfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutess or until firm and tops are cracked.  Let cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.


Comments